HOW TO GET THERE
Biarritz – This is the nearest airport, 20/30 minutes away. Ryanair flies in and out from London Stanstead many times weekly, from Dublin 3 times weekly, you can also fly from a number of other locations across Europe. This makes Capbreton very accessible and suitable for shorter as well as longer breaks, especially in the Autumn/Winter/Spring seasons.
A variety of airlines also fly into other airports within easy reach of Capbreton.
Bordeaux – 165 kms/100 miles North (1½ – 2 hours by road on the A 63)
Pau – 105 kms/65 miles East (1 – 1¼ hours by road on the A 64)
Tarbes – 144 kms/90 miles East (1¼ -1½ hours by road on the A 64)
Toulouse – 315 kms/200 miles East (3 – 3½ hours by road on the A 64)
All the main car hire companies operate from Biarritz airport (see bottom of page) as well as the other airports or you can arrange a Chauffeur collection service from and to the airport through the agent if you prefer. Please ask at the time of booking.
There are also airports in Spain within easy access of Capbreton: Bilbao (152 kms/94 miles South, 1 – 1¾ hours on the A 63 France and A1/A8 Spain); San Sebastian/Irun, (26 kms/16 miles kms South, 35 minutes on the A 63, 3 kms inside the Spanish border); Santander (256 kms/160 miles South, 2¾ – 3½ hours on the A 63 France and A1/A8 Spain).
- Santander – Brittany Ferries twice each week from Plymouth, England (then 256 kms/160 miles, 4 hours by road on the A8/A1 Spain and A 63 France)
- Bilbao – P & O Ferries from Britain (then 152 kms/94 miles, 1½ – 2 hours by road on the A8/A1 Spain and A 63 France)
o Brittany Ferries from England (Plymouth 3 per day) and Ireland (Cork once each week), then 8 hours by road on the A 10 and A 63 France.
o Irish Ferries from Ireland (Rosslare twice each week), then 8 hours by road on the A 10 and A 63 France.
o Brittany Ferries from England (Plymouth twice daily and Poole 3 times a day), then 9 hours by road.
o Irish Ferries from Ireland (Rosslare twice a week), then 9 hours by road.
- Stenaline from Ireland (Rosslare twice weekly), then 9 hours by road.
o Brittany Ferries from England (Portsmouth 4 times a day), then 8 hours by road.
- St Malo
o Brittany Ferries from England (Portsmouth once daily), then 7 hours by road.
Other ferry services also operate from England.
- From PARIS – RN 10 South (Paris to Spanish Border, including A 63 from Bordeaux) around 745km/460m
- From BORDEAUX – A 63 South to Spanish Border, around 165km/100m
- From TOULOUSE – A 64 and then A 63 North, around 315km/200m
- From BIARRITZ AND BAYONNE – A 63 North, around 25km/15m
- From SPAIN – A 1 and A 63 North, around 50km/30m
- From LOURDES – 105 kms/65 miles East (1 – 1¼ hours by road on the A 64)
Exit at Junction 8 on the A 63 signposted Capbreton Hossegor.
Train Stations for TGV, the fast speed French train, at Bayonne, Biarritz, Dax, St Jean de Luz and in Spain at Hendaye (just across the Spanish Border)
These are some links to car hire firms that we have found to be useful.